MOBILE, Ala. -- The Mobile Police Department would like to provide tips and warnings of potential crimes and scams commonly reported which involve income tax returns.
- Only use licensed businesses to prepare taxes.
- Use resources such as the Better Business Bureau to research tax preparation businesses and individuals before soliciting their services.
- Protect private information such as Social Security numbers, dates of birth and account numbers. These may be used to gain access to personal information or to create fraudulent accounts.
- Make sure all transactions are documented and copies are kept for personal records.
- After filing tax records, do not disclose to others the amount of a refund received or expected.
- Report all fraud to the Mobile Police Department and allow our detectives to investigate and prevent future criminal activity.
- Only use recognized and secure tax websites when providing personal information online.
Visit our site: http://www.onlinetaxpros.com
And our blog: http://www.onlinetaxprofessionals.blogspot.com
Please like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/onlinetaxpros
and follow us on Twitter: @onlinetaxpros